10 Songs That Make People Happy
Inc. Magazine shared a recent article about 10 songs that make people happy, based on some findings by a neuroscientist several years ago. I don’t normally find Inc’s articles worthwhile because they publish so many fluffy clickbait pieces (often padding out one minor quote from Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, or Jeff Bezos into a whole article). But I can say that Rachelle and I listened to several of the songs on this list last night while making dinner, and we did feel happier.
Here are the songs (also available on a Spotify playlist):
- Don’t Stop Me Now by Queen
- Dancing Queen by Abba
- Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys
- Uptown Girl by Billie Joel
- Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
- I’m a Believer by The Monkees
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper
- Livin’ on a Prayer by Jon Bon Jovi
- I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor
- Walking on Sunshine by Katrina & The Waves
For a quick boost during your day, pick a song, play it, and dance for a few minutes.
Ironically, after listening to these songs, we watched the movie The Shining, a classic 1980 horror movie based on a Stephen King novel. I enjoyed the movie, especially after recently reading King’s On Writing memoir, but I think that listening to the happy songs first made it not seem so dark.